Thursday, November 26, 2009

HAPPY TURKEY DAY! Well, in my case.. HAPPY HAM DAY! (turkey is gross)

"I spent a lot of time vying for the approval of certain respected photographer friends, only to find that sometimes their well meaning criticism hindered my ability to identify and define my own style (which is still evolving every day). Now, I have aspiring photographers sending me their work all the time asking me for my opinion, and I always tell them the same thing. “It doesn’t matter what I think.” And ultimately, that is 100,000% true. I will still give photographers my opinion but I always always try to make sure that they understand that ultimately it’s their art. It’s their passion. No one else can define it for them.
So, in the end, it doesn’t matter what I think, or what Annie Leibowitz thinks for that matter, it matter’s what your client thinks, and just as importantly, if not more so, what you yourself think. Always ask yourself this question: “am I proud of this shot?” if the answer is “yes” then it doesn’t matter what anyone else says." -- Natalie Norton

Thank you Natalie Norton for lifting my spirits.

However, I do thank you all for the comments. Even though at first I was mad. But I won't let anyone bring me down. I don't care what anyone thinks anymore. It's my art and it can be what I want it to be.

On to a happy thought:
I WENT TO CALI with Nic and his family last weekend. That was the best weekend ever.
He didn't know I was coming. :]
He drove with his parents and I flew with Sharon (his aunt) and Grandma Dolly (his grandma) and Ella (his baby cousin). We got there before they did, so I was hiding in his sister's apartment when they showed up. Jess (his sister) has a little ball pit that the twins, Harley and Gavin (his niece and nephew) play in. Like a mini-version of the ones at McDonalds.. just not infested with nasty kid flu germs. Anywho, Nic was inside of it playing with Gavin. I ran in and jumped on him with my arms crossed and just said hi. He didn't know what was going on. It was cute. :]

While we were there, we went to an ice skating rink on the beach.


Then we went to the Redondo Beach Pier. It was gorgeous but it was freezing out over the ocean.


After that we went to a strip mall that was kind of a mix between Tempe Marketplace and Mill Ave. I bought a cute new sweater and 2 long sleeve shirts.

Then Sunday we had a birthday party for the twins. :]
Here's Gav opening some presents. (I took this shot! Woohoo! I liked the sun spots on it.)


Then I flew home. I wish I could've stayed forever. Haha.

IS EVERYBODY EXCITED FOR BLACK FRIDAY?
I'm not. I hate when there's a gazillion shoppers in one store. But I need to buy Christmas presents and a new pair of jeans.
I refuse to go super early in the morning.. until I'm a parent at least.. Because now there's just no point. It's not worth the possible chance of death. Did you know that happened at Walmart last year? Some old man was trampled. :[
Sad..

Well, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving Day.
I did.
I'm grateful for:
Family, even though they're weird and crazy. :]
Nic and the wonderful person he is.
Nic's family who's pretty much my family (from now on, they included in the category of "family" because I do consider them family).
God.
Parents.
A home.
Talents.
Friends.
Music.
and all the various blessings God gives me every day.

Oh I am happy to be alive. :]

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment